OA Library

ST. GIIES' CHURCH, OXFORD

Booth, Paul and Hiller, Jon (1996) ST. GIIES' CHURCH, OXFORD. Project Report. Oxford Archaeological Unit Ltd. (Unpublished)

[thumbnail of OXSTGI96.pdfA.pdf]
Preview
PDF
OXSTGI96.pdfA.pdf

Download (1MB) | Preview

Abstract

Red-deposited medieval and post-medieval pottery, and medieval decorated floor tiles were recovered from contractors excavations in the grounds of this church. Two possibly Victorian features which contained disarticulated human remains were examined in the course of the groundwork. The excavatyed soil from the trenches and pit contained a substantial quantity of loose human bones, which were replaced in the service trenches.

Item Type: Monograph (Project Report)
Subjects: Geographical Areas > English Counties > Oxfordshire
Period > UK Periods > Medieval 1066 - 1540 AD
Period > UK Periods > Post Medieval 1540 - 1901 AD
Divisions: Oxford Archaeology South > Fieldwork
Depositing User: Scott
Date Deposited: 20 Apr 2012 09:36
Last Modified: 20 Apr 2012 13:22
URI: http://eprints.oxfordarchaeology.com/id/eprint/811

Actions (login required)

View Item
View Item