OA Library

Excavations at The Paddock Rectory Lane Fringford 1997 OAU Occasional Paper Number 6

Blinkhorn, Paul and Bloor, Chrissy and Thomason, David (2000) Excavations at The Paddock Rectory Lane Fringford 1997 OAU Occasional Paper Number 6. Project Report. OAU.

[thumbnail of FRPAD97_OAU_Occasional_Paper_No.6.pdfA.pdf]
Preview
PDF
FRPAD97_OAU_Occasional_Paper_No.6.pdfA.pdf

Download (6MB) | Preview

Abstract

Excavations by the Oxford archaeological Unit on a site of proposed development in the core of the village of Fringford, Oxon revealed evidence of medieval occupation in the form of 11th / 12th century enclosures and field boundaries, and 13th century stone buildings and associated yards, ditches and pits. Evidence was also revealed of Romano-?British field boundaries relating to a possible settlement to the north-east.

Item Type: Monograph (Project Report)
Subjects: Geographical Areas > English Counties > Oxfordshire
Period > UK Periods > Roman 43 - 410 AD
Period > UK Periods > Medieval 1066 - 1540 AD
Divisions: Oxford Archaeology South > Fieldwork
Depositing User: Scott
Date Deposited: 27 Oct 2010 14:20
Last Modified: 22 Dec 2011 14:34
URI: http://eprints.oxfordarchaeology.com/id/eprint/354

Actions (login required)

View Item
View Item