OA Library

Land adjacent to Church House, Hurley, Berkshire.

Parsons, Mick (1994) Land adjacent to Church House, Hurley, Berkshire. Project Report. Oxford Archaeological Unit Ltd. (Unpublished)

[thumbnail of HUCH94.pdfA.pdf]
Preview
PDF
HUCH94.pdfA.pdf

Download (1MB) | Preview

Abstract

An Archaeological Evaluation was undertaken by the Oxford Arechaeological Unit (OAU) at the above named site on behalf of Mr P.M.Silver in August 1994. The land at present is overgrown with dense thickets of blackberries and brambles. The three trenches all revaled slight evidence of medieval activity. A post-medieval cellar and well, proabably associated with nearby buildings, were recorded. A demolition layer indicates that the site was cleared in the mid to late 18th century.

Item Type: Monograph (Project Report)
Subjects: Period > UK Periods > Post Medieval 1540 - 1901 AD
Geographical Areas > English Counties > Berkshire
Divisions: Oxford Archaeology South > Fieldwork
Depositing User: Scott
Date Deposited: 24 May 2011 09:18
Last Modified: 22 Dec 2011 14:46
URI: http://eprints.oxfordarchaeology.com/id/eprint/590

Actions (login required)

View Item
View Item